Saw this homework activity in a RE text book on Sikhism by Julie Haigh and loved the sound of it. Tried it as a homework activity and was impressed with the creativity the students displayed.
The task is to design a business card for a famous person. The business card can contain a number of features, such as –
– Key achievements.
– Job title.
– Contact details.
This can be applied in History is so many ways such as –
– A business card for a US President.
– A business card for a monarch.
– A business card for a military leader.
– A business card for a veteran soldier in a war, such as Vietnam or a soldier in the First World War.
However, other subjects may benefit from this idea, for example –
– Design a business card for one of the 10 Gurus.
– Design a business card for a literary character, such as Sherlock Holmes.
– Design a business card for a volcano.
– Design a business card for an element.
Love this simple idea that helps summarise content in a creative way.